BigCommerce Town Hall Recap: July 2017
The BigCommerce Theme Marketplace has been updated with lots of new themes including popular arrivals: Bazaar, Diamond, and Queen.
BigCommerce is still looking for additional high quality and engaging themes, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your theme proposal.
You can now add pop ups to stencil themes with Pixelpop. These can be used to:
- Grow your mailing list
- Promote featured products
- Display special offers like free shipping
These pop ups can be delayed or scheduled and can be customized with CSS.
Optimized one-page checkout
– Offers the ability to add custom fields. This will be available early August.
– Phone number can now be made an optional field in checkout.
– The new one-page layout can be rendered in 12 different languages.
– For merchants that have opted in to the AB testing of the one-page checkout- 100% of customers will now be routed through one-page as the AB testing phase has ended
New Amazon Categories
1. Patio, Lawn & Garden
2. Sports & Outdoors (in beta)
– To update a theme you no longer have to leave CLI and log into the control panel
Consumer Financing Payment Options:
- Extend financing to customers
- Increase AOV
- Attract new customers
- No risk. Merchant is paid upfront.
- Available exclusively in new one-page checkout.
App Store Updates:
- Improved app store search: typos, synonyms, etc.
- Enhanced category structure
Cornerstone version 1.9 was rolled out on July 20th.
Interested in learning more about working with EYStudios and BigCommerce? Call us at 888-429-4803 or email us at BigCommerce@eystudios.com and we’ll connect with you ASAP.