What are goals? Goals measure how well your site fulfills target objectives. Some examples of goals you could have on your site are:
- An order completion
- The submission of a contact form
- Video plays
- PDF downloads
- Time spent by a user on a specific blog post
Here are a few simple steps to follow to set up a goal and get started!
- + NEW GOAL
- Choose a goal (template or custom)
- Choose a Goal Description and select a Goal Type
- Provide goal details. If necessary or wanted, create a funnel to see how a user progresses along the path to this goal.
- Verify (test) your goal setup.
By tracking your goals you can better understand the needs of your site’s visitors. This information can be incorporated into marketing campaigns, and put you in front of your desired audience.
Our next blog will take a deeper dive into capitalizing on your site’s data by utilizing heat mapping. Stay tuned!