Magento unveiled their new Order Management system in January 2016 and a number of merchants have already been able to reap the benefits. Those merchants include eyewear retailer Devlyn, fashion brand Tous and transport company Fraport.
While we’ve been long aware of the offering, we didn’t want to pass up the recent opportunity to sit in on a demo of the product and learn more. We were both impressed and pleasantly surprised at what we learned:
- The product is a standalone offering and is platform agnostic! That means that it’s capable of integrating with any front-end sales channel where orders can be generated, and any back-end system.
- Magento Order Management is SaaS based so it’s self-hosted and monitored securely.
ORDER MANAGEMENT AND FULFILLMENT
- It can provide inventory information across all channels and all warehouses.
- The system reads the metrics of an order and decides the optimal fulfillment scenario:
- Best fulfillment location
- Best logistics
- Lowest shipping costs
- Fastest fulfillment
- The system can also split shipments to the corresponding fulfillment locations.
- It has the ability to easily connect to a drop-shipper’s ERP.
- Offers the ability to connect across sales channels such as Amazon and eBay.
IN STORE FULFILLMENT
- Provides tools for supporting picking and packing, creation of shipping documents, carrier integration and endless aisle.
- The system provides access to all order related information including return management, appeasements, exchanges and cancellations.
Here’s a great graphic that was included in the demo that illustrates the overall flow of the system from sales channels to fulfillment methods:
The overall goal of the system: provide centralized inventory, order and fulfillment capabilities that enable commerce businesses to deliver a consistent, low friction, omnichannel experience to the customer.
Want to learn more about Magento Order Management? Talk to one of our eCommerce Consultants today by calling 888-429-4803 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org