Magento unveiled their new Order Management
system in January 2016
and a number of merchants have already been able to reap the benefits. Those merchants include eyewear retailer Devlyn
, fashion brand Tous
and transport company Fraport
While we’ve been long aware of the offering, we didn’t want to pass up the recent opportunity to sit in on a demo of the product
and learn more. We were both impressed and pleasantly surprised at what we learned:
- The product is a standalone offering and is platform agnostic! That means that it’s capable of integrating with any front-end sales channel where orders can be generated, and any back-end system.
ORDER MANAGEMENT AND FULFILLMENT
- Magento Order Management is SaaS based so it’s self-hosted and monitored securely.
IN STORE FULFILLMENT
- It can provide inventory information across all channels and all warehouses.
- The system reads the metrics of an order and decides the optimal fulfillment scenario:
- Best fulfillment location
- Best logistics
- Lowest shipping costs
- Fastest fulfillment
- The system can also split shipments to the corresponding fulfillment locations.
- It has the ability to easily connect to a drop-shipper’s ERP.
- Offers the ability to connect across sales channels such as Amazon and eBay.
- Provides tools for supporting picking and packing, creation of shipping documents, carrier integration and endless aisle.
- The system provides access to all order related information including return management, appeasements, exchanges and cancellations.
Here’s a great graphic that was included in the demo that illustrates the overall flow of the system from sales channels to fulfillment methods:
The overall goal of the system: provide centralized inventory, order and fulfillment capabilities that enable commerce businesses to deliver a consistent, low friction, omnichannel experience to the customer.
Want to learn more about Magento Order Management? Talk to one of our eCommerce Consultants today by calling 888-429-4803 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org